Dean R. Sargent
Virtually a lifelong resident of Seattle, I graduated from the University of Washington with a BA in History and a JD in Law. After graduation from law school I served as an officer in the U.S. Army for two years. I returned to Seattle and became the staff attorney for the Washington State Judicial Council where I spent five years reviewing and rewriting the court rules for all of the courts of Washington. I also drafted statutes relating to the judicial branch of the state government and presented them to the judiciary committees of the state legislature. During this time I was a pro tem judge in the Seattle Municipal Court, and became the first full time night court judge. Robert McKisson and I formed the firm McKisson & Sargent in 1981 which became McKisson Sargent & Oliason, P.S. in 1987.
I am admitted to practice in US District Court and US Bankruptcy Court, and all Washington state courts.
I have volunteered to serve on several boards and committees including:
- The board of the Pride Foundation
- Founding member of the Greater Seattle Business Association
- Founding member of the GSBA Scholarship Committee
- Board President of In Touch
- Volunteer with VAPWA (Volunteer Attorneys for People with AIDS)
- Member of the Judicial Evaluations Committee of LEGALS
- Certified Instructor for the Real Estate Law section of the real estate brokers instructional series
- Board Member of Multifaith Works which operates the Shanti volunteer program and five homes for people living with HIV/AIDS and MS.